Protecting your privacy and the confidentiality of your personal information is very important to us and fundamental to the way we serve you.
What is your personal information
Why do we collect personal information?
We need to collect some personal details from you and your team manager to provide you with our services. Without collecting your identifying information when you subscribe for our service, we are not allowed by law to provide you with the services you want. After you subscribe, we may also need to collect additional personal information so we can manage your account and provide our service.
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect about you depends on the services you use. It may include any of the information below:
- Your name, date of birth, contact details. Contact details may include your home address, email address and phone number.
- Information to prove your identity. This could be your driver’s licence or another approved ID.
- Information relating to your credit worthiness.
- Details of services we have supplied to you or you have asked about.
- Details needed to deliver those services or to answer your questions.
- When you tell us, services or activities you like. Also, how you like to use our services.
- Websites you visit and online searches you do.
- Details about your account. This includes your login and account information.
- Information about you that you provide us directly or indirectly when online.
- Information you provide to us through our surveys.
Some of the information above may be sensitive information. For example it could be about your health, race, ethnic origin or religious beliefs. You consent to us collecting that information as outlined above, including when you provide it to us directly, or through our survey tools.
Information about how you use our services
We may collect the information outlined below:
- Your registration details when you subscribe to our services.
- Your responses to survey questions.
- The date, time and length of each session when you respond to surveys. Also, your general location at the time of these calls and messages.
- The level of service you receive. This may include details of system faults or events which may affect our services.
- The date, time and length of your internet browsing. Also, your general location at the time.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information if you do any of the below:
- Provide information to us in subscription application forms, service enquiry forms.
- Provide information to us when you respond to surveys.
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us.
- Visit our website, Facebook page and other pages that we own and manage.
Information collected from other sources
We may collect personal information from the below:
- Your team manager so that we can identify you and provide you with access to our services;
- Other companies associated with Vital Teams or Donohoe Consulting Pty Ltd.
- Credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities.
- Entities that provide services to us. This includes entities to which we may disclose your personal information. We explain who these entities are below.
- Publicly available sources of information, like market research providers.
We may also collect information in different ways. We will take all reasonable steps to let you know if we do.
We may use a persistent cookie, which is a cookie that stays linked to your browser. A persistent cookie is used to record your visits so we can recognise you if you visit our website again. It also lets us keep track of services you view or survey progress so that, with your consent, we can send you news about them.
We may also log your IP address. Your IP address is your computer’s electronic Internet address. We may collect your IP address to see trends, run the website, track user movements, and gather broad demographic information.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information and usage information in the ways set out below:
- Providing you with our survey services. This might include extra services not in your agreement with us.
- Contacting you with messages about changes to our services.
- Generating bills, managing your account, and carrying out debt-recovery.
- Processing orders or applications to become a subscriber.
- Verifying your identity.
- Carrying out credit checks and credit reporting.
- Dealing with questions, complaints and other customer care activities.
- Carrying out market analysis and research.
- Development of our services.
- Understanding how users use our website and services anonymously and personally.
- Analysing the things that interest you. We use those details to provide you with services and information suited to your needs, interests and location.
- Contacting you about our services and those offered under other brands that our group owns. This may include marketing these services to you. See below for more information about direct marketing communications.
- Protecting our network and managing the volume of website activity. F or example, we identify peak periods of use so our website can better handle the volume at those times.
- Conducting internal investigations in relation to crime and fraud prevention, detection, recovery or prosecution.
- Training our staff.
For other purposes, Vital Teams will ask for your consent to use your personal information.
Direct Marketing Communications
We may send you direct marketing messages and information about the below:
- Our services and special promotions that may be of interest to you.
- Offers or promotions based on how you use our services for example your survey response activities, location information and browsing information.
- Other companies' products and services (including offers and discounts we’ve arranged for our subscribers) we think may interest you, if you’ve chosen to receive this information.
- This marketing material may be sent by various methods. This includes but is not limited to, telephone, and any form of electronic message (including, but not limited to, email, SMS, MMS, PXT or Video PXT).
You consent to us sending you marketing material by any of those methods. If you indicate a preferred method of communication, we will try to use that method when practical.
Also, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing material from us by contacting us. Or you can use any opt-out method provided in the material. We’ll make sure your name is taken off our mailing list.
We may give your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing. These organisations are limited to our dealers and sales agents working directly on behalf of Vital Teams. Otherwise, you can separately opt-in to receiving third-party marketing through a specific promotion.
How can you opt-out of marketing materials?
If you’d rather not get our direct marketing material, it’s easy to opt-out. Just contact us on +61 7 3357 1633. You can also use any opt-out methods provided in our marketing material.
If you do choose to opt-out we will still need to send you essential information about your account, your services and other information required for you to use our services.
Who can we provide your personal information to?
Vital Teams might disclose your personal information both within and outside Australia to the entities below:
- Credit providers or credit reporting agencies for the purposes permitted under the Privacy Act and credit reporting legislation.
- Our service and content providers including the providers of web hosting for our website and mailing services.
- Our dealers, agents, contractors and advisers.
- Our providers of marketing, research and telemarketing services.
- Donohoe Consulting Pty Ltd and other entities comprising Vital Teams
- Your authorised representatives or legal advisors.
- Our professional advisors including lawyers, accountants, tax advisors and auditors.
- Debt collection agencies and other parties that assist with debt-recovery functions.
- Law enforcement bodies to assist in their functions, courts of law or as otherwise required or authorised by law.
Do we disclose your personal information outside Australia?
Vital Teams may disclose personal information to other companies in the Donohoe Consulting Pty Ltd group as well as third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
We take reasonable steps to make sure the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to it.
We may store or sometimes disclose personal information to entities outside Australia. Some of these entities are Vital Teams data hosting and other service providers.
How do we hold and protect your personal information?
The security of your personal information is important to us. We take all reasonable steps to securely store your personal information so it’s protected from unauthorised use, access, modification or disclosure. This includes both physical and electronic security measures.
We sometimes use service providers to process, manage and store personal information. Where we do, we require those service providers to comply with strict requirements about the use and protection of your details.
We also ensure that your personal information is seen and used only by staff who need it to do their jobs. Our staff securely destroy any printed documents containing your details.
We run checks of our systems, service providers and staff to make sure that your personal information is held and used properly. We give our staff training about privacy and the proper use of your details.
How can you protect your account from unauthorised access?
Anyone who knows your online username and password can access your account. You must keep this information secure. Only share these details with people you authorise to access and manage your Vital Teams subscription. Vital Teams accepts no responsibility for information it discloses to parties who know your username or password.
How accurate is the personal information we hold about you?
We take all reasonable measures to make sure the personal information we hold is accurate, complete and up to date. However, the accuracy of your information is largely dependent on what you provide us. To make sure we have your most current and accurate details, please let us know when your information changes. For example, if you change your name or address.
Can you access and correct the personal information we hold about you?
Yes, but there may be times where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may not grant access to information if it could interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal. We also will not provide access to completed survey forms as these are not retained.
To request your personal information please contact us and let us know what personal information you require access to. We will not charge you for simply making the request or for making any corrections to your personal information. We may charge reasonable costs for carrying out your request.
Personal Information Request form
If you think your personal information is out of date, or may not be accurate or complete you can ask for it to be updated. If we do not agree that there are grounds to change it, we’ll add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree.
How can you report a breach of your privacy?
If you believe your privacy has been compromised, please contact us and let us know details of the alleged compromise. A member of our Privacy team will get in touch within 10 business days.
If you believe that we have not dealt with your concerns you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Privacy Commissioner.
Australian Privacy Commissioner: GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001. Telephone: 1300 363 992. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call +61 7 3357 1633.
Fax us on +61 7 3357 1677.
Our postal address is:
6 Willis Street, Gordon Park QLD 4031, Australia
You can also contact us online via:
Our website: www.vitalteams.com.au